Hi, how’s everyone? Can you feel the Christmas spirit in the air? Well.. I do! I feel some chills whenever I hear a Christmas song.. it’s just so nice to see families and friends together celebrating Christmas. What I enjoy most are the Christmas lights everywhere.
It is like happiness surrounds the whole city. People start to visit amusement parks — to see happy families and friends together is just wonderful.
My dress for today is named Amber, it came from Holiday 2013 collection. I remember wearing it a couple of times already; but this is the first time I appreciated it. I guess I like it now because the makeup combination I used in this look seems to be more interesting than what I did before.
My makeup became better because I am using Estee Lauder’s Double Wear Foundation — my new full coverage foundation. Woohoo!!!
Again, I have Kathy of Rustan’s Makati to thank. She introduced me to so many brands already — and this is one of it.
- Long Wear and Full Coverage – this product is true to itself when it said that it can last for hours. I didn’t touch up and conceal as often as before. 👍
- “Not Too” Matte – this makeup is matte but not dry nor does it look cakey after hours.
- Buildable – though a few drops of this foundation will go a long way already, adding more won’t be an issue.
- Cheaper than other Brands – the coverage and benefits are long lasting; but the price is not as expensive than other brands who do less.
- Scent – Love the scent. It doesn’t smell like paint. 😣
- Skin-Friendly -It is not harsh on the skin. It is already a good sign that I didn’t have a new pimple right after using it.
- Doesn’t Transfer – it does not transfer from the face to someone/something else.
- Container – For some reason, I find liquid foundation/concealer in a bottle hard to consume entirely. Honestly, I tend to have an urge to break it just to make sure that I was able to finish it down to its last drop. I think I just have the “simutin to the max” mentality. A stingy attitude of making sure that I was able to maximize the amount I paid for the product. 😅
- Could be “Too Much” – Since it is already full coverage, putting too much of this could lead to a cakey, cracking and dry looking makeup. User must be extra careful in making sure that she didn’t put “too much.”
- Must Blend Immediately – if the user won’t blend it as soon as she put it, there’s a tendency for it to be too thick on that area. So the idea is to blend blend blend as soon as it’s applied.
- No Pump – of course no pump means a possibility to be spilled by accident or by force. It is also equivalent to mess and stain on clothes, bag, etc.
- Stain – be careful while applying it. Yes I said it doesn’t transfer; but it doesn’t mean it won’t stain directly on things you accidentally spill or clumsily wiped your hands to. It is not that hard to remove the stain; but it tends to leave a mark. Be careful while putting this on. Use a different shirt or a makeup bib to be sure – try Beauty Bib.
Aside from my new foundation, my look became better because of my new Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eyeliner. It is a retractable waterproof and smudge-proof eyeliner. I am very strict when it comes to eyeliners and mascara. I have allergic rhinitis so I tend to sneeze often which makes my eyes teary. Because of it, I need a reliable eyeliner and mascara. I tried Revlon and MAC — both failed. Alas, I found Nars Larger than Life! I used it for 3 years. For some reason, its waterproof and smudge-proof abilities are failing me lately. That led me to search for the best waterproof and smudge-proof eyeliner!
I mentioned in my previous post that I went to Rustan’s Shangri-la to look for the best eyeliner. I tried 2 brands – Dior and Chanel. It is actually a close fight between the 2 of them. Dior is creamy and darker. It has a good waterproof formula but it failed my smudge-proof test.
Chanel won my heart. It didn’t smudge, crack nor smear on my face. It is not as dark and creamy as Dior; but it didn’t fail me at all. A best friend in crying and sweating times. 😅
I love its packaging. Simple but classic. The eyeliner tube is made of metal. It looks sturdier compared with other eyeliners. Its eyeliner lead is thinner but firmer than the others. Thus, making a precise and thinner application is now possible with the use of this product.
One thing I noticed in Dior’s retractable eyeliner — it breaks easily. Chanel doesn’t. I love that it doesn’t make my eyeshadow crack and it actually mixed well with my mascara. I have nothing bad to say about it. Maybe others would think it’s expensive; but for a makeup junkie like me — this isn’t expensive… it is a NECESSITY. 😅
Amber at first comes off as shy, until you make her feel wanted. Only then will she entirely open up and have wonderful deep and hilarious conversations with you. She is a girl who has been through a million troubles. She is smart and tries to be positive about everything. However, she has her bad days.
Her observing nature has given her the talent to help solve almost any problem — relationship wise. Her friends always come to her for advice. However, her own relationship problems are too mixed up for her to be able to “solve.” She likes to picture everything she does like she is in a book, or as if a theme song is following her.
Most of her friends are indeed guys. Don’t ever mistake what she does as mean, because those are never her intentions. Even if she doesn’t know you, she loves you.
This is an excerpt I got from a website that defines what the name Amber means. My name may not be Amber; but how the website describes Amber is exactly how I see myself.
I am wearing an Amber dress. Maybe it is not an accident that I was able to research about this name. I was reminded of who I am and how I react to situations. I could be an “Amber.” 😍 Who wants to name their daughter “Amber” after reading this? 🙌
Since Plains & Prints made this dress under Earth Collection, I know that they are referring to amber as :
A hard yellowish to brownish translucent fossil resin that takes a fine polish and is used chiefly in making ornamental objects (as beads). A variable color averaging a dark orange yellow. – Merriam Webster Dictionary
Amber may be familiar to Jurassic Park fans. Remember :
In “Jurassic Park,” scientists extract 80-million-year-old dino DNA from the bellies of mosquitoes trapped in amber.
We as humans tend to create “traps” in our lives. We all have an “amber” that we allow to trap and imprison us. Things like addiction, thinking what other people would think, unforgiveness, jealousy, envy, past, guilt, bad relationships, problems, sickness, career, idols, religion, games, social media, friendship, marriages, food, etc.
There are many ways for us to be trapped by something/someone. It is up to us to see what makes us unhappy and the things that stop us to have our maximum potential in life. With God’s help, prayer, our families and friends plus determination — we can be free from all our “amber” in life. The question is — are we willing to break the “beautiful” amber so we can be free and have peace?
How about you? Who or what is your “amber” in life?
Like and follow these pages for more updates!
Plains & Prints Facebook : https://m.facebook.com/plainsandprints/
Estee Lauder – Philippines Facebook : https://m.facebook.com/EsteeLauderPH/
Rustan’s Beauty Source : https://m.facebook.com/RustansTheBeautySource/
Me!!! 😊 : https://m.facebook.com/MisInf0rmati0n/